Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tournament! (And UPS)

So I hit valiant today. It's awesome. I have to do a few nice, rep-getting quests for 5 days for each faction. They're all to get you better at jousting, and make it into something more than a novelty. You still have to do the old dailies, but more and better and sexier. It's pretty easy, and makes things fairly equal. I've been hellfiring myself so I can duel the Exodar valiants over and over. (It gets rid of the debuff) The others kill me. I was about to be defeated by a gnome, and I dismounted because I don't like waiting around to die when I know I'm beat. It bugged my pet, and next thing I know, this little gnome has hunted me halfway across the grounds and kills me.

As a human, I get 1100 rep per day from these quests for that city, so I'm still going to do lowbie quests to get exalted for Crusader. 24 days away! My cute little warlock got her first heroic and first raid today, and has a few more little epics. I also got the 80 spell power to staff recipe and the herb bag recipe. I'm sooo close to Argent Crusade exalted. 700 rep away! Of course, during OS, Sarth drops the t7 gloves for DKs and it goes to off spec. I need those for my tank.


Anyways... this is part of the UPS package tracking that I had for my RAM that I got today. I think it's kind of hilarious. I hate UPS with a passion. Tip: I don't live in Redmond.

PORTLAND,
OR, US 04/14/2009 8:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
04/14/2009 9:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

REDMOND,
WA, US 04/15/2009 12:36 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
04/15/2009 1:42 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/15/2009 2:47 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
04/15/2009 5:51 A.M. INCORRECT ROUTING AT UPS FACILITY
04/16/2009 3:09 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

BELLINGHAM,
WA, US 04/16/2009 5:05 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

(THEN I get it.)




I also wrote something! It has two parts, which I'll both part. They're disturbing and no, I'm not going to give context!

The fire had stopped some time ago, but she didn't know when. He'd been dumb enough to light a fire near her. She wasn't sure when the metal scraping sound had stopped. When he'd stopped using pick and gauntlet to break the ice. When she'd felt his fingers break though her comfortable shell. Time hadn't existed since the Draenei woman had killed Brother. She was unsure if she'd felt the presence of a fire before or after the warmth of his hands through the ice. If she'd been in the bed or in the corner when she'd encased herself.

He tried to feed her soup he'd cooked out of sight. Eating was unnecessary. Unnecessary until perhaps it'd been over a month. The ice over her skin felt good. It numbed her. Brother wasn't as dead when she wasn't warm. If she moved, if she cried, if she let the ice fade, he was dead.


Brother was dead. As soon as the cold faded, he was dead.

Sharilyn encouraged the growth of ice, her breath slowing to accommodate the limited oxygen available to her.

She wasn't sure how long it'd been.

(A few days later)


The family huddled in the house. Their terror gave her strength. It was beautiful. The child screamed. Sharilyn lunged, and the girl's parents fell to the floor. The little girl screamed louder, her mother's blood on her face. The Death Knight walked away, looking for more prey. As she left, the corpses of her parents shifted, and soon two more ghouls joined the fighting.

Calming images flooded into Sharilyn's mind. He was trying to calm her over their mental link. The images shifted. Arms, gentle and warm. There was warmth. A bear's skin being placed over her naked form. It stuck there, and the warm images faded.

Father was under her, and she grinned down at him. He took the opportunity to dig his knives into her side, but his steel only met plate. She grinned wickedly, her sexual posturing mocking him. Grandfather appeared, and Father screamed. Father screamed more as his little girl began to break his bones and took a nearby candle to his skin. When she finally walked away, father was screaming through his gag as the fire consumed him.


His arms were comforting. Almost.

Father was touching her young, helpless body. It hurt. Brother was comforting her. An Elven Death Knight held her close, then faded as she fell. Brother held her. Brother kissed her. Brother touched her. Brother died in the arms of that Draenei woman who killed him. She killed the Draenei woman.



Perhaps she'd thank him for his comforting thoughts soon.


This is my siggy pic for my RP posts!

No comments: