Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Freaking Incredible

So I went to http://www.makemysushi.com/ to learn some stuffs about making sushis. I had the rice, and I went to Haggen for the fishes. BTW, Haggen fish person really knew her stuff and pointed us to some flash frozen ahi and some super fresh locally caught salmon. Incredible. Friend and I nommed on sushi all day (I'm talking 3 full meals) for $17.

Not going to a sushi place for a LONG time.... until I have excess monies. We made 10 gigantic rolls and ate some of the fish as sashimi.

Definetly making up for the fail at Tokyo House. $40 for burnt chicken and iffy fish. Going to see if I can find unagi and tobiko on the Asian market row that is Meridian. I'm also low on miso paste and edamame.



Right now... wondering how okra would taste with tuna or unagi.

No comments: